Recently I did an internship with Woodward, INC. I learned a lot from the experience, especially about how to work with integrating machinery with people, and how to make devices that are user-friendly(ish). During my internship, I developed an Arduino-based torque recording device to take input from a torque driver (a machine that screws bolts in with very precise tightness), count the number of torques, and then export it to another employee’s project, which was a database to store all of the torque values. The prototype was named (creatively) the Arduino Torque Recorder, and there is currently a prototype machine out on the assembly line. Surprisingly, the hardest part of this project was developing a way to make the ATR able to communicate with the humans running the machine, and it took me the longest amount of time to develop the GUI that allowed the user some flexibility. The project was very frustrating at times, but I am glad I persevered, because I think it was a valuable learning experience, not only about how to work through difficult problems, and being able to learn new things to get a project to work, but also how the work environment is, and how to deal with deadlines effectively. I’ve attached my formal presentation, product proposal, and bill of materials if anybody is interested in looking.